The Media Associate is impeccably skilled at being in the right place at the right time to capture the competitive spirit, enthusiasm, and anticipation throughout the competition.
This individual has a keen desire to see the world through a different lens, and takes a new and creative approach with each click of the shutter. A picture is worth a thousand words - therefore, the Media Associate plays an integral role in assisting the Director of Media in bringing the CaseIT 2020 brand to life through both photography and videography.
- Term durations are from October 2020 to March 2021
- Must attend CaseIT 2021 Onboarding on October 24, 2020 from 11 AM - 2 PM
- Must attend regularly scheduled meetings with the Director of Media
- Option to attend regularly scheduled Marketing Team meetings
- Must attend CaseIT 2021 Organizing Committee & Portfolio Meetings (2-3 hours per week) from October 2020 to March 2021
- Attendance mandatory during CaseIT 2021 Competition Week from February 14-19, 2021.
Core responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Assisting the Director of Media in the creation of photography and videography
- Ensuring competitors and other stakeholders are actively engaged in social media throughout the competition by collecting, editing, and posting competition images in a timely manner
- Ideating new branding strategies and pitching creative ideas to enhance projects
- Capturing behind the scenes content of the Organizing Committee, such as each individual team member and the ongoing process that the team takes to run a world-class competition
Additional qualifications and skills:
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, PremierePro, Photoshop, and After Effects)
- A portfolio or samples of past media work is encouraged
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, with the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently and operate in a fast-paced environment
- A keen eye for detail and design aesthetics
- Experience with filming 360 Videos and VR is an asset
Successful completion of this role provides:
- A creative portfolio bolstered with content from a high-profile international event
- Demonstrated collaborative efforts in the creative development process with other team members
- Ability to effectively align an organization’s branding in photography and videography
- Ability to provide professional critique that is aligned with a marketing strategy and branding
- Develop strong organizational skills
- Lasting connections with team members, student attendees, global competitors, and industry professionals
- Pride in being a part of the largest MIS international case competition
- Pride in being a part of the team that transitioned and revamped CaseIT into a virtual case competition
Questions regarding the Media Associate role can be directed to the Director of Media, Cody Leung, at firstname.lastname@example.org.