Team Hosts stand on the frontlines of CaseIT, ensuring that competing teams from around the world are well-equipped to tackle every aspect of the competition week.
Using their positivity, charm, and quick-thinking, they understand the needs of competitors and remain organized under high-pressure situations. Each Team Host is highly perceptive and understands the importance of escalating issues when necessary. Team Hosts are also motivated by meeting new people, learning about different cultures, and engaging in a positive, thoughtful manner with competition stakeholders - ultimately building an exceptional impression of CaseIT and the Beedie School of Business.
- Term durations are from October 2020 to March 2021
- Must attend the CaseIT 2021 Onboarding on October 24, 2020 from 11 AM - 2 PM.
- Must attend CaseIT 2021 Team Host Session on November 21, 2020, from 11 AM - 1 PM
- Must attend CaseIT 2021 OC Team Meetings (3 hours per week) from January - February 2021
- Attendance mandatory during CaseIT 2021 Competition Week from February 14-19, 2021
Core responsibilities include:
- Managing the overall competition experience for one of the competing universities at CaseIT, including keeping competitors engaged in a virtual format
- Ensuring your university team is well-equipped to tackle all aspects of the competition week, by completing tasks such as: accurately communicating competition rules and instructing teams on accessing different events in an online environment
- Communicating effectively with your university team prior to competition week to deliver and collect important information
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting your competing university through the emotional roller coaster of the CaseIT competition week, by encouraging, reassuring, and celebrating with the competitors and coach
- Celebrating the achievements of all competing teams throughout the CaseIT competition week, and acting in a professional manner as an ambassador of Beedie
- Leveraging your dedication and enthusiasm for CaseIT to create a memorable CaseIT experience through meaningful interactions with competitors and coaches
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills in team environments
- Ability to speak languages other than English is an asset, but not required
- Dedication, commitment, and a positive attitude!
- Ability to work at potentially late hours during competition week is an asset
Successful completion of this role provides:
- Improved communication, organization, and leadership skills
- Build lasting connections with team members, student attendees, global competitors, and industry professionals
- Develop a deeper understanding of what we do at CaseIT and how our competition comes together
- Pride in being a part of the largest MIS international case competition
- Pride in being a part of the team that transitioned and revamped CaseIT into a virtual case competition
Questions regarding the Team Host position can be directed to the Director of University Relations, Donovan Arseneault, at email@example.com.