The Logistics & Events Coordinator will assist the Competition Execution Team in ensuring that the competition runs smoothly and the key logistical framework is accurate and timely.
The Logistics & Events Coordinator will report to the Competition Execution Team, including the Vice-Chair of Competition Execution, Co-Directors of Logistics, and Director of Events, to assist in ensuring that the competition runs smoothly and the key logistical framework is accurate and timely. This individual is passionate about schedules, detail-oriented, exhibits a calm demeanor in the face of abrupt or unplanned challenges, and is excited to bring the CaseIT 2021 vision to life!
- Term durations are from October 2020 to March 2021.
- Must attend the CaseIT 2021 Onboarding on October 24, 2020 from 11 AM - 2 PM.
- Must attend CaseIT 2021 Organizing Committee & Portfolio Meetings (2-3 hours per week) from October 2020 to March 2021.
- Must attend CaseIT 2021 Competition Week from February 14-19, 2021.
- Must attend regularly scheduled meetings with the Co-Director of Logistics and Director of Events.
- Option to attend regularly scheduled Competition Execution Team meetings.
- Must attend additional Preparation Sessions (as required) with the Competition Execution Team.
Core responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with the preparation for logistics training sessions
- Transcribing spreadsheet logistics into Google Calendar
- Assisting with the preparation and assembly of key case-related materials
- Preparing logistical and event materials to be used throughout the competition week
- Assisting with research and content creation for competition week events
- Consolidating competitor information and data
- Assisting with the sourcing and shipping logistics of hospitality-related components
Additional responsibilities that you are accountable for executing during the CaseIT competition week:
- Online Platform Logistics: Assisting with the delivery of content through the online platform, and addressing any technical difficulties.
- Competition Week Events Logistics: Ensuring the seamless delivery of various social, networking, and informative competition week events, delivered synchronously, asynchronously, and semi-synchronously.
- Deliberation: Assisting with all deliberation related tasks for the short and long cases, including case delivery and technical support.
- Hospitality: Monitoring attendee engagement, addressing mishaps in accordance with the risk and mitigation plan, or escalating appropriately.
- Online Presentation Room: Managing the case presentation room logistics, including the rules overview, timing presentations, and welcoming industry professional judges.
- Case Presentations: Ensuring that all teams are in the right place at the right time, presentation and slide decks are ready to go, and escalating time-sensitive issues.
- Registration: Managing an organized flow of information and welcoming competitors, coaches, sponsors, students, judges, and industry professionals to each CaseIT event.
- Sponsor Supervisor: Identifying and interacting professionally with sponsors and industry professionals, ensuring all questions are answered, informational materials are provided, and requests are fulfilled.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in organizing or competing in a case competition is an asset
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel
- Detail-oriented and a quick learner
Successful completion of this role provides:
- Demonstrated capabilities in effectively collaborating with a team, under high pressure
- Proven skills for managing change and communicating effectively with stakeholders
- Immersive understanding of event management and execution processes
- Lasting connections with team members, student attendees, global competitors, and industry professionals
- Pride in being a part of the largest international MIS case competition
- Pride in being a part of the team that transitioned and revamped CaseIT into a virtual case competition
Questions regarding the Logistics & Events Coordinator role can be directed to:
- Jay Sim, Director of Logistics: 236-777-4233
- Ahmad Jaffer, Director of Events: 604-354-7867